Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Genesis of Sorts

“I know that you can do all things, 
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ 
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, 
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 
‘Hear, and I will speak; 
I will question you, and you make it known to me.’ 
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, 
but now my eye sees you; 
therefore I despise myself, 
and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:2-6)

This is why I've started this blog. I'm sitting here in the chapel, listening to the voices of godly people that I live life with every day and they're all praising God for who He is. It's times like this when I remember why I'm here. I'm not on this planet for my own benefit. I'm here to praise and worship the only one who is worthy.
"I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." I'm so unworthy of every single thing that God has blessed me with. Who am I to deserve anything at all? That's exactly it. I'm nobody. But God came to rescue the nobodies like me.
Then I remember how huge God is. And I remember who God is. God is just, but he's also loving and forgiving.


That's what I'm thinking about today.


I don't know what kinds of things I will be posting on this blog. I've never really had anything like this before. Normally, people just don't know what I'm thinking and that's what I'm comfortable with. Anyways, keep an eye out and I might accidentally say something profound every once in a while.


Don't forget to love somebody today!